Latest OSCC resources submitted to Knowledge Bank
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 24, 2008 03:22 PM
- Ubuntu Studio. A multimedia creation flavor of Ubuntu. It is aimed at the GNU/Linux audio, video and graphic enthusiast as well as professional. It provides a suite of the best open-source applications available for multimedia creation.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 24, 2008 06:02 AM
- An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format. Inkscape supports many advanced SVG features (markers, clones, alpha blending, etc.) and great care is taken in designing a streamlined interface. It is very easy to edit nodes, perform complex path operations, trace bitmaps and much more.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 24, 2008 06:01 AM
- GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.
- Graphics and Multimedia — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 24, 2008 05:59 AM
- Open source resources for graphics and multimedia applications
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 24, 2008 05:58 AM
- PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source relational database system. It is fully ACID compliant, has full support for foreign keys, joins, views, triggers, and stored procedures (in multiple languages). It includes most SQL92 and SQL99 data types, including INTEGER, NUMERIC, BOOLEAN, CHAR, VARCHAR, DATE, INTERVAL, and TIMESTAMP. It also supports storage of binary large objects, including pictures, sounds, or video. It has native programming interfaces for C/C++, Java, .Net, Perl, Python, Ruby, Tcl, ODBC, among others, and exceptional documentation.