Local and International Policy documents related to Open Source Software
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 09, 2008 03:31 PM
- Malaysian Administrative Modernisation and Management Planning Unit (MAMPU) Public Sector Open Source Software Implementation Guidelines provides a comprehensive guide for agencies implementing OSS
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 30, 2008 02:42 PM
- The objective of this report is to contribute to raising awareness of the increasing use of open source software (OSS) by public administrations worldwide and to highlight some of the requirements to be met by United Nations system organizations in creating an enabling environment if they intend to make more use of OSS as indicated in the new system-wide United Nations information and communication technologies (ICT) strategy
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 30, 2008 02:45 PM
- This report in the framework of using information and communication technologies (ICT) for development, to contribute in raising awareness on the potential role of open source software (OSS) for the achievement of specific objectives set in the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Plan of Action adopted in 2003 by the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS).
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 01, 2008 12:12 PM
- The Surveying and Land Register administration of the German Federal state Rhineland-Palatinates (LVermGeo) started to migrate its IT environment towards open source software. At the Linux Tag 2005 in the German city of Karlsruhe, Klaus Thoenissen, Joerg Steffens as well as Ralf Dobberschuetz form LVermGeo presented details of the upcoming open source migration.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 09, 2008 03:21 PM
- A guide to migrating to Open Source the basic software components on server and workstation computers published by the Coordinating and Advisory Agency of the Federal Government for Information Technology in the Federal Administration, Germany
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 07, 2008 12:00 AM
- This report highlights findings from the Australian Open Source Industry & Community Census surveys, and includes experiences from some of the companies. It provides the information on the make up of the community as well as the size of and contributions of the OSS industry in Australia
- Policy Approach on Multiple Standards for ICT Technologies — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 08, 2008 10:35 PM
- The purpose of this document is to capture the considerations for the policy on multiple standards for ICT technologies. The considerations are especially focussed on ensuring appropriate information technology adoption that promotes the interests of the nation. The document specifically looks at the impact of multiple standards on the lives of the common people and on the industry in general.
- Policy Approach for Adoption of Appropriate ICT Technologies — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Jun 03, 2008 08:03 PM
- The purpose of this document is to capture the policy requirements for ensuring appropriate information technology adoption that promotes the interests of the nation. The document specifically looks at policies for adoption of fundamental technologies that have an impact on the lives of the common people and on the industry in general.