Installation guide for MyMeeting v2.2
These guide is uotdated. Please head over to http://trac.oscc.org.my/mymeeting for updated documentation.
Steps to install mymeeting in windows or linux
- Database: MySQL Versi 5.0.x
- Web server: Apache 2.x
- PHP 5.2.x and below (do not install PHP 5.3.x)
- PHP GD Module (to display custom banner)
- PHP DOM/XML Module (to enable pdf downloading)
- PHP memory_limit (in php.ini) set to >30MB - this is currently a limitation that's going to be fixed
Minimum hardware requirement
- Pentium IV
- 1GB RAM
- 28MB hardisk (without data)
Make sure Apache 2, Mysql 4 and PHP 5 are installed
Quickest way to install on Windows is by using WAMP.
Or install them separately by visiting their websites for online guide
- To downgrade PHP version to 5.2.x, please refer http://www.wampserver.com/en/faq.php
Get MyMeetingV2 source
- Go to “http://trac.oscc.org.my/mymeeting/browser/trunk” and click on Zip Archive at the bottom
- Unzip it in your web folder (eg. /var/www/html or c:\wamp\httpdoc
- Rename the folder 'trunk' to 'mymeeting'
Edit your apache configuration file
- Find the “httpd.conf” file under the “conf” folder inside the Apache’s installation folder.
- Add in this line in your
configuration file “accessfilename htaccess.txt”. (needed for installation in Windows)
- Make sure mod_rewrite is enabled. Find the following line “#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so” in the “httpd.conf” file. You can do this easily by searching the keyword “mod_rewrite” from find menu. Remove the “#” at the starting of the line, “#” represents that line is commented.
- Make sure AllowOverride is set to Allow by changing “AllowOverride None” to “AllowOverride All”. By default wamp is set to AllowOverride All
Restart the apache server.
- Now restart the apache server.
- To install Mymeetingv2, you need to go to your command prompt (start->run(type cmd))
- go to mymeeting console directory which is reside in your web folder (ex: cd C:\wamp\www\mymeeting\cake\console)
- next type (the path should be following the php version you have installed earlier) ex: “\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.exe .\cake.php install”. Follow and key in the instructions and settings needed to complete the process of installation.
- After the installation is done try to create the MyMeeting database eg: ”\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.exe .\cake.php createdb”
- Once the creating database is done, run the installation back eg: ”\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.6\php.exe .\cake.php install”
- Once all the steps are done, go to
your browser and type “localhost\mymeeting”. Thats all and
MyMeetingv2 is perfectly running. Default login is admin and password 123456. Please change this.
MyMeeting is now available in Bahasa Melayu
- Edit this file in mymeeting -> app -> config -> bootstrap.php
- Change line 46, define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE','eng'); to define('DEFAULT_LANGUAGE','may');
Notes: On Windows platform
If IIS is already running, make sure they don't share the same port