OpenOffice.org refers to Headings
Tutorial on using references to the headings in a document.
Following is used to add references within a Writer document to the chapter/heading.
To include the name of the current chapter in the header of each page:
- Place the cursor where you want the heading text to be displayed.
- Press Ctrl-F2 for the Fields Dialog (Insert ->Fields ->Others)
- Click on the Document tab.
- Select Chapter from the Type list.
- Select Chapter Name from the Format list.
- Select that Level is 1.
- Click on Insert.