Infrastructure solutions are a critical and fundamental aspect in today’s ICT environment. They support a Government Agency’s ICT functions in the conduct of its operations and encompass primarily basic services which are leveraged upon by other applications in the environment.
Case Study Highlights
Malaysian Meteorological Department (MMD) is an agency under Ministry of Science, Technology andInnovation (MOSTI). Located in Petaling Jaya, Selangor. MMD has 6 Regional Meteorological Office (RMO), each in Bayan Lepas Pulau Pinang, Butterworth Pulau Pinang, Kuantan Pahang, Gong Kedak Kelantan, Kota Kinabalu Sabah and Kuching Sarawak. MMD also has 39 Auxiliary Weather Station (AWS) nationwide. All the RMO's and AWS's need to connect to head quarters for meteorological data sending and also accessing internal meteorological applications.
MMD uses OSS to create an office local area network that's connect to Internet through oss proxy with dual Internet connection for continuously connectivity.
Other Resource Highlights
Load balancing two DSL lines
A guide submitted by Kuala Pilah City Council helps those with slow connections to support multiple DSL lines.Read more
Load balancing Web Servers
- Latest Infrastructure Resources
Latest Infrastructure Resources on OSCC Knowledge Bank
- Kodewave Sdn Bhd — by azmi — last modified May 01, 2012 04:50 AM
- Web Development - Informational, Functional, Non-functional, e-commerce Business Graphics - Creating a graphical presentation for your business
- TRUSTWELL SDN BHD — by sayfismail — last modified Jun 15, 2010 04:58 PM
- TRUSTWELL, founded in 1991 as a Systems Integrator, Trustwell has grown its business and now provides total IT solutions to its clients. Committed to the OPENSOURCE philosophy of knowledge sharing and continuous improvement, TRUSTWELL has the experience and competency to provide solutions in the following areas: - OpenSource IT Software Services (ERP, CRM, BI and Custom Development) - OpenSource IT Infastructure Services (Server OS-Linux, Firewall, Email Etc) TRUSTWELL also has relationships with all major hardware vendors and can offer supply of equipment at competitive pricing and attractive financing packages.
- Resolv Technologies Sdn Bhd — by Mohd Izzat Ismail — last modified May 23, 2010 05:20 PM
- RESOLV's cross-industry experience gives us the unique ability to be in the forefront of specific business needs and assist our customers exploit and maximize their ICT investment. Whether customized software build from scratch or enterprise level application, Resolv realize the value of investment by applying the suitable open source technologies and applications which are aligned with their business objectives.
- iZeno Sdn Bhd — by izenomarketing — last modified Mar 24, 2010 02:57 PM
- iZeno is the premier solution provider of Award Winning Open Source business solutions in the Asia Pacific Region (Singapore, Malaysia,China,Indonesia and Taiwan). Our professional service team have indepth experiences in Open source technolgies deployment across mutliple industries (Telecommunication,Hotel, Property,Education,Distribution).
- Training.My - Serai Solutions — by nazrol — last modified Mar 24, 2010 02:54 PM
- Serai Solutions was founded to bridge the community to the fast growing Information Communication Technology (ICT) industry. We are your partner in IT, Multimedia & Training Solutions, with Professionals Team of Freelancers - Project Managers, Multimedia Designers, System Developers, IT Engineers & Experienced Trainers. Our Services range from IT, Web, Multimedia & Training Solutions. 100% Bumiputera and Young Malaysians. Ministry of Finance (MOF) Contractor Reg. No: 357-02020093 Our Services range from IT, Web, Multimedia & Training Solutions. We are managing few web portals such as Training.My / Serai.My / Centre.My / Baby.My. Visit our website at www.serai.org and training portal at www.training.my
- Infrastructure Solution Guides
Latest guides and tutorials related to Infrastructure Solutions
- Variegate Systems Sdn Bhd — by hafiz — last modified Oct 01, 2009 03:36 PM
- Variegate delivers industry specific open source systems and applications that serve as enablers of client business requirements and objectives to achieve their business strategies and corporate goals. With Variegate as your valued business partner, you get the expertise necessary to create and realize business value, and to run projects successfully.
- Squid Reverse Proxy with Virtual Hosts — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Feb 19, 2009 08:38 AM
- An example configuration of Knowledge Bank using Squid with Pound to load balance multiple Zope application servers with centralised logging.
- Web Statistics on Centos 5 — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 27, 2008 10:09 AM
- Using and setting up Awstats web statistics analysis on Centos 5
- 2 ADSL Load Balancing — by Enigma — last modified May 26, 2008 05:24 PM
- I think most of us wants to speed up our DSL link but don't know much about it. Well here is the extracted script (bash) written by mambang from mambang.org. Credit to him for writing up this script. Dual gateway using 3 nic and 4 ips with one alias
- Apache ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse Directives — by Enigma — last modified May 26, 2008 05:22 PM
- A sample configuration from MDKP.GOV.MY Apache web server using the combination of ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse for achieving "shared" port 80.