Infrastructure Solutions Case Studies
- LAN-Proxy for Malaysian Meteorological Department — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 07, 2008 12:22 PM
- Main objectives of the project is to create an office local area network that's connect to Internet through oss proxy with dual Internet connection for continuously connectivity. Some of the application being used such as shorewall, squid, dansguardian, ftp service and DNS service. All the client will point to the LAN proxy as the gateway. The Internet connection being used are Jaring leased line and also streamyx enterprise package. Both line are used as a backup for each other. If both line are up, Jaring leased line only used for operational and connection to headquarters while streamyx line used for internet access activities. If Jaring leased line down, all connectivity will used Streamyx ADSL line and also the other way around. Connection status being checked automatically using cronjob.
- Virtualization with Xen 3.1 — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Sep 03, 2008 05:23 PM
- The project has been setup for the purpose of education in university level specifically for Data Communications and Networking students. To be able to teach students effectively in communications courses need expensive hardware and software such as servers, workstations, network operating system and networking devices. Besides, students still have to go to computer labs to practice their skills and do hands on jobs. Hence, this project aim to teach students in various courses in Data Communications and Networking program especially courses that encompass communications and operating systems in efficient way with a minimum cost.
- University Email Management with Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Sep 04, 2008 04:21 PM
- The vision of this project is to upgrade current email system that will enhance it usability and functionality. Zimbra Collaboration Suite (ZCS) can offer more feature and function that can support current user needs in term of friendly user interfaces and centralized user information. ZCS also can be like one stop email center; where each user can create external account and download all their email into one interface. ZCS also capable to scan and detect virus and spam to provide protection to the user mailbox. Easy to manage is the key word to describe the capability of the ZCS administrative module. ZCS contains feature like mailbox, calendar, address book, tasks, document, briefcase and management module.
- Central Authentication Management System (CAMS) — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Sep 22, 2008 10:34 AM
- Central Authentication Management System (CAMS) adalah sebuah sistem yang bertindak sebagai pengurus untuk menguruskan nama pengguna dan katalaluan kakitangan dan pelajar Universiti Malaya seramai 33,000 orang, yang ingin mencapai 17 aplikasi web yang menggunakan pangkalan data dan perisian yang berbeza.