Resources related to web server infrastructure
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Mar 01, 2009 08:31 PM
- This document is designed to provide detailed report for the preparation of a dedicated OSS web server for the Budget 2008 presentation day conducted by the Ministry OfFinance (MOF). The solution provided by OSCC has successfully performs reliably and received more than 130,000 page views without any problem. The solution also provided significant cost savings as it eliminated the need for expensive hardware.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 28, 2008 09:39 PM
- The Pound program is a reverse proxy, load balancer and HTTPS front-end for Web server(s). Pound was developed to enable distributing the load among several Web-servers and to allow for a convenient SSL wrapper for those Web servers that do not offer it natively. Pound is distributed under the GPL - no warranty, it's free to use, copy and give away.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 28, 2008 09:38 PM
- Varnish is a state-of-the-art, high-performance HTTP accelerator. Varnish is targeted primarily at the FreeBSD 6/7 and Linux 2.6 platforms, and takes full advantage of the virtual memory system and advanced I/O features offered by these operating systems.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Apr 28, 2008 09:44 PM
- AWStats is a free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web, streaming, ftp or mail server statistics, graphically. This log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, in few graphical web pages. It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly. It can analyze log files from all major server tools like Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar, IIS (W3C log format) and a lot of other web, proxy, wap, streaming servers, mail servers and some ftp servers.
- Squid Reverse Proxy with Virtual Hosts — by Khairil Yusof — last modified Feb 19, 2009 08:38 AM
- An example configuration of Knowledge Bank using Squid with Pound to load balance multiple Zope application servers with centralised logging.
- — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 13, 2008 11:44 AM
- Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator. It runs on Unix and Windows and is licensed under the GNU GPL.
- Apache ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse Directives — by Enigma — last modified May 26, 2008 05:22 PM
- A sample configuration from MDKP.GOV.MY Apache web server using the combination of ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse for achieving "shared" port 80.
- Web Statistics on Centos 5 — by Khairil Yusof — last modified May 27, 2008 10:09 AM
- Using and setting up Awstats web statistics analysis on Centos 5