Community resources for peer support
For end users
Currently most pages and folders are editable by registered users. Users can add additional pages, links, files, events and news to the relevant sections.
Note: Users also have the option to publish the files uploaded here in the Malaysian Public Sector OSS Portal. It will be listed out under Latest Resources. To do that:
- Edit a file
- Click on Categorisation tab, select OSCC as a category. If you have to select multiple categories, add OSCC as one of them.
- Click save.
For developersOSCC provides facilities for developers to host and manage their OSS projects. The facilities at http://redmine.oscc.org.my
provide developers a place to upload and manage their projects virtually with other developers.Please email email@example.com if you would like to have your project uploaded. If you are using an existing OSS project hosting service such as Launchpad, Sourceforge or Savannah, please provide add the link to your agency project in the appropriate Solution or Practice Area
Mailing lists are another good source of information and support from the community.
- Subscribe to oscc-discuss - moderated discussion list
- Subscribe to oscc-announce - for latest announcements
Other local community lists
- MyPenguin99 - Malay language discussion list
- MyOSS - English language discussion list
- Dunia-Digital - Malay language discussion list
- Ittutor.net - Malay language discussion forum
- Forum ICT (PMO) - for government staff only
- Forum OSS UKM - OSS at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia
- Ubuntu Malaysia Forums - Ubuntu Support By Malaysian Ubuntu Team
IRC is a real time chat room used by may open source projects to communicate with other developers and users.
- #oscc chat room at freenode.net
- webclient - put in your nickname and channel as #oscc